It is very helpful for you to have at least a general idea about the most important symbolisms of all the planets so that you can learn how to use them to help you deal with matters of love and money. Symbolisms are so important that we will devote more time to them later on in this book. For now, please just get an idea of the range of the symbolisms of the planets, and glance through the following symbolisms of the planets so that you will have a general idea what each planet is all about. These are Magi Astrology's symbolisms and rulerships for the planets. If you have studied astrology's symbolisms, you may notice that there are some differences between these symbolisms and the ones in other astrology books. We are only listing symbolisms in this chapter, but in later chapters, we will also explain why we believe the planets have some of the symbolisms that they do.
* Venus symbolizes attraction of all kinds, infatuation, desire, attachment, and emotional needs. Venus has dominion over intimacy and sexual energy and desire in the woman; it also signifies sex appeal, beauty, grace, fashion and being fashionable, socializing and sociability, and partnerships and the act of unification (such as a wedding), but not the marriage itself. Venus has dominion over combining and coordinating different things, including parts of the body, countries, companies, ideas, and any two things whatsoever. Venus rules the companion and companionship, friendship and friends, being together, joining, cooperating, and merging; also possessions, money, social standing, jewels and adornment, and luxury. This is very interesting: Venus rules seduction, the act of making love, female sexuality and sexual energy in the woman; and it is representative of charm, harmony, and a sense of humor. Venus is a BENEFIC, and therefore symbolizes good luck and elevated levels. A benefic is a term of ancient astrology referring to a planet that is highly beneficial and one that brings good luck or high levels of something beneficial and helpful, as well as victory and championships.
Mars represents the body and muscles, motion, bodily movements and activity, energy, initiative, the sex drive (especially in men), war, weapons of war, aggression, anger, violence, temper, belligerency, the soldier, the warrior, violence, accidents, sudden disruptions (including accidents), competitiveness, athletic competition, and the athlete. Since Mars rules the body, it has dominion over what we do with the body, such as athletic endeavors, dance and ballet, and also pure physical labor. Mars is associated with pure physical attraction of the body, as distinguished from emotional and even sexual attraction. Venus rules female sexuality, but Mars is the ruler of male sexuality. Mars governs initiative and being a person of action, as opposed to indecision and excessive contemplation. It also rules the dancer and farmer, laborer and carpenter, and any profession that has a primary requirement of using the body. Mars signifies crudeness, vulgarity, macho attitudes, and the he-man.
* Pluto is the ruler of sexuality, lust, obsessive desires, and the sex organs. (This overlaps in some ways with Mars, which symbolizes pure physical attraction, but there is a difference.) Pluto is also representative of power; the establishment; and things that enhance or preserve power, such as atomic energy and weapons, politics, great success, big business, corporations, and advertising. Pluto signifies dictatorships and oppression, as well as the state of being oppressive; this leads to Pluto signifying the super ego and undeserved self-esteem. Pluto represents the ingredients of great wealth, such as investments, the banking industry, the loaning of money, the issuance of debt, and the ability to pay it back; as well as most financial instruments, such as bonds and mortgages. It also represents gambling and betting, the trading of financial instruments of all types and profits therefrom. It provides the ability to take advantage of and capitalize on something in order to make a profit. Pluto has dominion over drastic changes that are true upheavals, and in this regard, it represents beginnings and endings. Pluto rules obsessions of all kinds, including emotional and sexual ones. Also, Pluto is ruler of the actual sex act, as opposed to lovemaking and seduction, which are ruled by Venus. Venus seduces you; Pluto simply throws you on the bed and says, "Take off your clothes." Pluto is, therefore, symbolic of sexism and male chauvinism.
* Neptune rules longevity and anything that has to do with the long term, including true love and long-term relationships (but not marriage, because Chiron rules marriage). It is Neptune that imparts sensuality to women. Neptune also represents creativity, inspirations, and whatever inspires. Neptune has dominion over morals, ethics, and ethical behavior and standards; it signifies sensitivity and gentleness. Neptune rules electricity and electrical devices, and whatever involves the sea and water, such as shipping. More important, Neptune governs health, medicines, and anything that increases life expectancy or improved health; as well as regeneration, healing, and anything that increases longevity. This leads to Neptune's rulership of serenity, tranquility, and safe passage, as well as stability and peacefulness at home. Neptune is the planet of youthfulness and being young at heart, spirit, and body. It is Neptune that rules the act of procreation and reproduction; as opposed to Venus, which rules the act of making love and seduction. Neptune is also different from Pluto, which rules the sex act itself. Neptune signifies all long-term assets, such as inheritances, copyrights and patents; and whatever comes from the ground, such as minerals, oil, plants, and food. It is Neptune that rules long-term financial security. Neptune also symbolizes doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and all artistic and creative professions.
* Jupiter is symbolic of fulfillment, good fortune, success, enrichment, prayers answered and dreams coming true, peace and forgiveness, wisdom and good judgment, reliability and being honorable, promises kept, the law, the principle of order, morality, generosity, fairness, gratitude, faithfulness, selflessness, compassion, optimism, and hope. Jupiter is symbolic of Judeo-Christian religions, Providence, grace, power benevolently used, self-sacrifice, selflessness, as well as protection and the protector. Jupiter is also representative of truth and true genius, the leader, royalty, expansion of what is good or helpful, and contraction of what is bad and harmful. Jupiter is the most powerful benefic (Venus is second), and it improves and helps every planet it makes an aspect with.
* The Moon has rulership of emotions, fluctuating moods, the psyche, the subconscious, greed, fear, capriciousness, and uncontrollable urges. Because of all of these rulerships, it follows that the Moon is representative of fanaticism and illogical beliefs and actions.
* Mercury governs communication and writing, the mind, intelligence, design, logic, expression, poetry, singing, and music. Mercury also rules teaching; and the conveying of ideas, messages, announcements, and conferences. Because Mercury was the Roman god of speed and messengers, Mercury rules speed and swiftness, travel, transportation, and all vehicles of transportation (including airplanes, cars, and railroads). Since Mercury rules traveling, it also represents exploring and exploration-including the exploration of the mind and space; and exploring for minerals, oil, and gas. Mercury has dominion over very important parts of the body, including the brain, ears, eyes, respiratory system, nervous system, and the reflexes. Mercury signifies the teacher, writer, singer, architect, and any profession that has a primary requirement of use of the mind or that requires the act of communicating. Mercury's rulership of the mind extends to anything that mimics the mind, such as calculators, computers, and computer software.
* Uranus is symbolic of freedom and Independence and the urge for both; and is representative of excitement and thrill seeking. Uranus also signifies change and what is new, including the news. Also, it represents astrology, because it is the study of changes in planets' positions, which creates new things. Since change can be revolutionary, Uranus is representative of everything that is new or innovative, including discoveries. Along these lines, Uranus symbolizes what has changed the world, such as inventions and technology, flying, space travel, and aeronautics. But the most important rulerships of Uranus are that of fame, the public, and whatever has to do with the public-such as the mass media, broadcasting, and the entertainment business. Uranus is representative of what is worldwide, pervasive, and universal in nature or status, and publicity and publicizing. It is Uranus that signifies the globalization of anything, and it is also symbolic of being massive in general size or amounts. In our bodies, Uranus is ruler of what our body does to adjust to changes; this means Uranus rules balance, eye-hand coordination, and depth perception; but it overlaps with Mercury in these areas.
* Saturn is symbolic of too much or too little of something, and never just the right amount. It is also the planet of control and dominance, and the desire for control and dominance over others. Saturn represents restrictions and constriction - contraction of what is helpful and expansion of what is harmful. It governs scientific thinking and whatever is contrary to Judeo-Christian traditions. It is symbolic of obstruction, limitations, shortages, destruction, losses, mistakes, hindrances, disruptions, bad luck, dissolution, and breaking apart. It is also representative of revenge, selfishness, and narrow-mindedness. Saturn is the planet of deception; and signifies temptation, deceit, deceitfulness, the occult and attraction to the occult, and also confusion. Saturn also governs frustration, disappointment, being unhappy, as well as hatred and repulsion. What's interesting to note is that Saturn signifies temptations of all kinds and being unable to resist them. Saturn is also a sign of being below average, in a weakened status, in ill health, and in a state of diminished vitality and/or capacity. There are problems in this world, so there has to be a planet that signifies them-and Saturn is the one that does.
* Chiron is the planet that has rulership over emotional ties, marriages, weddings, the family, spouses, and children. It represents the target of a person's romantic and marital interest. Chiron also has rulership over promises and commitments of love, including engagements and marriage vows. It governs fertility and pregnancies, and the act of giving birth to children in marriage. Chiron rules the marital and romantic instinct and desire of romance, as well as romance itself. It also signifies karmic bonds and intuitive trust. Chiron has dominion over charisma and a person's public image; and being noteworthy, esteemed, distinctive, and distinguished in appearance. Chiron is ruler of your career and how you choose to make a living, as well as where you could be most successful. It also signifies your earning power, the economy, and economics. Chiron imparts extraordinary qualities. It also represents life, death, and reincarnation, and it is symbolic of the future. To say that Chiron is a very important planet is an understatement!
* The Sun symbolizes the actual person, day, or entity of the astrological chart. In this regard, the Sun can also represent a relationship, a marriage, a corporation or partnership, a contract, a time period, and anything else that is able to be represented. If you do not understand this, you will after all the examples that are provided later in this book. The Sun also has rulership over crucial parts of the body, such as the heart and circulation system, as well as vitality and the essence of the person.
You can see that some of the symbolisms of the planets can combine to form some very interesting interpretations for the aspects. Knowing these symbolisms and how to interpret aspects will be crucial to our ability to deal with all matters of love, money, relationships, and careers.
Was this article helpful?
When it comes to reducing wrinkles, you really have to take your needs seriously. There are a number of factors that play a role in the health and well being of your skin. It is often hard to understand how products work and why they may not work even if they promise to do so. If you are considering wrinkle creams and a regimen of facelifts, you may go broke in the process. Before you do all of that, consider going through a process of determine the very best solution for your needs.